Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

results not in list format

Posted by kabir 
results not in list format
April 07, 2014 08:32AM
Hello,

I have installed the sphider search box on the bottom right of this page http://vishrant.org but the results don't appear in a list format, instead the searcher is taken to a page that contains the key word. How can I configure Sphider so the results show in list format?

Thank you
Tec
Re: results not in list format
April 09, 2014 12:15PM
The result page you are referring was not created by the original Sphider. Might be more effective to contact the forum of your search engine?

Tec
April 18, 2014 05:47AM
Hi Tec,

I installed the Sphider plugin on my wordpress site and when I use the search function that page is the one that the results show up in. How do I get the results to show up in a Sphider results page, please?

Thank you
Kabir
Tec
April 18, 2014 03:37PM
For a first application you should run Sphider as per default download from this server. Create a new subfolder (e.g. …/search/) and copy all Sphider scripts into this folder, using all the subfolder structure, as foreseen by Sphider. Run the install.php script, and then index your site by means of the script …/search/admin/admin.php
Afterwards create a link on any of your exiting pages to the search script. Something like
<a href='/search/search.php' title='use the search engine'>Search</a>
Now you may run the search engine, called from your page.

If everything is working well, you may start to individualize the template in subfolder …/search/templates/. . . in order to meet your existing site style sheets, embed the search form into your pages, or even use Sphider as a wordpress plug in.

Tec
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login