Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Install Problems

Posted by DMforHim 
Install Problems
May 29, 2014 05:47AM
I have installed the Sphider files into a directory of my hosting called "sphider" (www.dm-webcreation/sphider)
I have created a database with MySQL called "evmsearch"

I edited the database.php and uploaded it to the server (sphider directory | settings)
$database="evmsearch";
$mysql_user = "evmsearch";
$mysql_password = "Tica8422#8";
$mysql_host = "localhost";
$mysql_table_prefix = "";

I then attempted to load the install.php into my browser by typing the following into the browser:
http://dm-webcreation.com/sphider/admin/install.php

And I received this error message:
Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/d/m/w/dmwebcreation/html/sphider/settings/database.php on line 10
Cannot connect to database, check if username, password and host are correct.

Please help me understand what am doing wrong?

Also... I host several websites in this hosting service. Do I only need to install Sphider into the root directory? Or do I need a separate installation for each website?

Thanks in advance for your help.
David
Tec
Re: Install Problems
May 29, 2014 10:48AM
One of the following variables must be invalid:

$database="evmsearch";
$mysql_user = "evmsearch";
$mysql_password = "Tica8422#8";

First of all $mysql_host is missing in your above listing, or you used other values during database creation, or the # in your password is not accepted. Delete your existing database and create a new one. Define different values for $database and $mysql_user, in any case define a $mysql_host, and avoid special characters.

<<< Do I only need to install Sphider into the root directory? >>>
No

<<< Or do I need a separate installation for each website? >>>
Depends on your application. If you like to build up a general search engine, you may use one Sphider installation and place all the different URLs into the admin backend of your Sphider. After indexing all, the result listing will present results from all your sites.
Instead, if you like to search individual your sites, easiest solution would be a separate Sphider installation for each of your sites.

Tec

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2014 10:52AM by Tec.
May 29, 2014 08:39PM
Okay. I found out that my GoDaddy hosting actually used a different $MySQL_host .... So I deleted that database and created a new one with a different name. I also uploaded the Sphider folder to the Subdirectory where the website I wish to add this search engine to actually exists (www.dm-webcreation.com/evm/sphider/) Then I made this correction in the database.php :
$database="evmgosearch";
$mysql_user = "evmgosearch";
$mysql_password = "Tica8422@8";
$mysql_host = "evmgosearch.db.5186836.hostedresource.com";
$mysql_table_prefix = "";

It seems like INSTALL.PHP was able to work.... HOWEVER, now there is another error.

Sphider installation script.
Error: Table 'sites' already exists
Error: Table 'links' already exists
Error: Table 'keywords' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword0' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword1' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword2' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword3' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword4' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword5' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword6' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword7' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword8' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyword9' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyworda' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keywordb' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keywordc' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keywordd' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keyworde' already exists
Error: Table 'link_keywordf' already exists
Error: Table 'categories' already exists
Error: Table 'site_category' already exists
Error: Table 'temp' already exists
Error: Table 'pending' already exists
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14), elapsed float(2), results int, key query_key(query))' at line 3
Error: Table 'domains' already exists
Creating tables failed. Consult the above error messages.

What am I doing wrong?

David
Tec
May 29, 2014 11:34PM
Well, in my last e-mail I suggested you not to use the same values for $database and $mysql_user.
Also I suggested you not to use any special character as part of your $mysql_password.
As it seems, you know it better. Quite okay for me. But you still do have the installation issues.

For the additional error message
<<< you have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL>>>
please feel free to use the search form of this forum. I already explained this problem several times.

Not to use any value for $mysql_table_prefix is another of your mistakes. Also already discussed during the last years in this forum.

Farewell
May 30, 2014 01:18AM
Thank you for your quick responses. Yet I am still a bit confused ... sad smiley

As for the database and username being the same, I had no choice...
Because...while creating the database, my hosting (GoDaddy) only allows me to enter one name for both user and database.
As for the password having a special character, once again, I had no choice ...
Because...while creating the database, my hosting requires at least one special character for the password...
Oh well...

You stated in response to my post (in http://www.sphider.eu/forum/read.php?2,20794,20794#msg-20794) that:
Tec
Before starting to search, you will be obliged to index something.
Before trying to index something, you will be obliged to create a database and install all the required tables.

This is my first attempt at anything like this...and, sadly, I really do not understand...
>>I do not know how to index something...
>> I thought I already created the database in my hosting account...
>> I thought the install.php created all the tables...

Sorry for my absolute ignorance. I have searched and searched the internet for assistance in this matter and I keep going around in circles!
I have also been searching the Sphider Phorum and have still not found anything to assist me in this apparently "simple" process.

Is there some instruction you could give me? Or at least direct me to some clear instructions?

I would greatly appreciate your help. smiling bouncing smiley

Sincerely,
David
July 09, 2014 07:57PM
Make sure there is no difference in large and small caracters.

Also there is a lot of errors in the script itself and install file.

Can be solved by adding: <head><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"></head>
in search.php for special caracters and for the SQL errors you can open notepad or notepad ++

Paste:

create table query_log (query varchar(255), time timestamp default 0, elapsed float(2), results int, key query_key(query));

That partly solved it although i had still error so created another one

Paste:

create table wpquery_log (query varchar(255), time timestamp default 0, elapsed float(2), results int, key query_key(query));

Save each of the files to solve.sql and solve1.sql and then go to phpmyadmin and choose the database you created and
go to import the file solve.sql and solve1.sql all problems should be solved.

On error i suggest you delete database and create a new and import these two files BEFORE you start the install.php script.

Beside that you need to do as mentioned before in install.php CHANGE:

time timestamp(14),
TO
time timestamp,

In the error you get when start it.

Good luck
July 11, 2014 09:19PM
i have it on another server of mine and works great but when i trid to put it on my new server it doesnt work and i get that same message and i tried everyway with database name -password and username... Only thing I can think of the hosting company might not let it work..

I didnt see it before but i have it working fine at: http://www.crazy-bobs.com/SearchEngine/ thats the hosting it works on.
But I tried to do it on GoDaddy and I cant get it working... I think godaddy might be the issue.. I du[licated what I did on my other hosting company and that wked fine each time..
You might want to call support with godaddy to help you they also might give you voice advice and take you step by step thru it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2014 01:10AM by CrAzY BoB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login