Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Search Box

Posted by elainen 
Search Box
September 10, 2014 08:37AM
Hi there
Maybe I missed something in the install, but how do I get the search box on my page so it can work, I don't no how to start it all off...I did all the install instructions, all worked well, but no I just cant figure out how I can display this search form on my site,

Anyone?

Thanks a bunch
Elaine

ok I got the code for the form, all is good but everytime I try and search something it gives me this error:

Error 404 - Not found

Your browser can't find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in.

I indexed my main site and it looks all good in there, I maybe didn't change something in the files I should have? I don't no, im confused sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 09:40AM by elainen.
Tec
Re: Search Box
September 10, 2014 10:52AM
This is an example fore a search form, which could become part of your HTML code:
<form method='get' action='search.php'>
<input type='text' name='query' value=''>
<input type='hidden' name='search' value='1'>
<br>
<input type=submit value='Search'>
</form>
Replace 'search.php' with the real address of your individual Sphider installation. Might be placed in a subfolder like
/search/search.php
September 10, 2014 11:06AM
ok I got all the paths correct now, and now it has the result box that comes up but it never finds anything, and I made sure I typed in a word that was in the document that I put in there, does it find single words in the documents?
Tec
September 10, 2014 03:21PM
<<< does it find single words in the documents?>>>

Yes it does, after you indexed the documents.
September 10, 2014 09:38PM
I have indexed the site,

I logged in the admin tool,
hit index tab
typed my main page
clicked on FULL
then start indexing and then this error

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/38/d542916073/htdocs/loadsofads/sphider/admin/messages.php on line 100

comes up like 10 times down the page
Tec
September 11, 2014 10:03AM
Have a look here:
http://www.sphider.eu/forum/read.php?2,16917,16917#msg-16917

You will find more info at
http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_date.asp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login