Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Search word not found

Posted by devkbsc 
Search word not found
March 30, 2016 12:02PM
Hello,
My search word is found only in first 20 or 30 items in the pagination. After that, i viewed the rest of links in the result. I don't find my search word.

How to avoid indexing this kind of page which don't have my searchword.

I would like to result only the pages which has my search_word in title and phrase. not inside the page links.

Any suggestions to avoid indexing this kind of indirect links for a keyword?
rap
Re: Search word not found
March 31, 2016 04:50PM
The word is probably actually in one of the links displayed on the page.
You can avoid indexing these parts of your pages with:
<!--sphider_noindex--> and <!--/sphider_noindex--> tags.
rap
March 31, 2016 05:40PM
Additional thoughts...

You can also change the weighting for the "Relative weight of a word in the path name", second item from the bottom of the Settings tab.

Also, you could change "Bound number of search results". Default setting is "0", meaning there is no limit on the number of results returned. If you were to set this to "30", for example, at the default of 10 results per page, you would limit the results to 3 pages.

Word of caution when using tags to restrict spidering: The link will not be followed. If you want the link to be followed, you could use a (non-restricted) site map listing ALL pages you wish to be indexed. The tags would prevent "discovery" of a keyword contained ONLY within a link on an individual page.It's all in the site design.
April 05, 2016 09:02AM
Hello,
In which file, i have to make add this code?

<!--sphider_noindex--> and <!--/sphider_noindex--> tags.
April 05, 2016 09:12AM
Hello, Sir,

Could you elaborate me some info about where we can use this tag <!--sphider_noindex--> and <!--/sphider_noindex--> ?
Tec
April 05, 2016 02:51PM
Ignoring parts of a page by the <!--sphider_noindex--> tags requires direct access to the site to be indexed, because the tags need to be added (edited) to the HTML code of all URLs to be indexed.
All content between the tag
<!--sphider_noindex-→
this content
<!--/sphider_noindex-->
will not become indexed.

In case you do not have access to the site URLs, a more flexible method is enabled by Sphider-plus. In admin backend you may activate the option:
'Use list of div ids or classes to ignore the complete div content during index/re-index'
For more details, please notice
http://www.sphider-plus.eu/index.php?f=14#14_45

Tec
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login