Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to ignore a url?

Posted by devkbsc 
How to ignore a url?
April 06, 2016 11:21AM
Hello,

is there any regular expression method or wildcard method to ignore URL when indexing?
Tec
Re: How to ignore a url?
April 06, 2016 12:44PM
Not supported by the original Sphider.

@rap:
Don't know whether your mod supports reg-ex in 'URL must include/must not include'.

Might be unwanted here, but Sphider-plus does it.
As of the docu:
Using Perl style regular expressions instead of literal strings is also supported. But only a string starting with a '*' in front
is considered to be a regular expression, so that '*/[a]+/' denotes a string with one or more a in it.

Tec
rap
April 06, 2016 04:13PM
In the mod, I did not alter the logic of the must/must not include directives.

The documentation on this site (concerning 1.3.6) says Perl style regular expressions are supported. While I do not personally use regular expressions in the must/must not include URLs (haven't had the need), I have tested the feature, although not extensively.

Limited testing indicates Perl style regular expressions ARE supported. Since I am not willing to vouch for the complete reliability of their use (due to the lack of extensive testing), they are not mentioned in the included user guide I package with the mod.

Bottom line: If you are willing to take the time to experiment, the original and mod versions of Sphider MAY reliably support Perl style expressions just fine. If you want an iron-clad guarantee, use Sphider-plus.
Tec
April 06, 2016 05:09PM
Sorry, my mistake. So all of them should be able to use regular expressions.

Tec
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login