Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can the search.php page run on my CSS?

Posted by BingandNelsonFan 
Can the search.php page run on my CSS?
August 13, 2017 10:57PM
Hi! I've never done anything like this before, but I installed Sphider onto my website (that I'm in the process of designing/uploading) and it seems to be working fine. However, the results come up on the plain white-background search.php page. Is there a way for me to get the search page to match my site? I'm running HTML pages with a CSS.
Here's my site: http://www.eliotsofporteliot.com/
You'll see what I mean about the results being displayed on a plain page. Just search "eliot" and you'll get all kinds of results to show.

Thanks so much!
Sarah
Tec
Re: Can the search.php page run on my CSS?
August 14, 2017 07:41AM
Yes, there is a way to match your CSS.
CSS for the sphider search form and result listing is defined in
…/templates/standard/search.css
Modify the content of this file, so that it matches the design of your side.

Tec
August 17, 2017 02:22PM
Thanks very much. I'll see if I can do that. I've never done any actual writing with CSS (just using pre-made templates), but there's always a first time for everything! After all, I had never installed a search bar, either. smiling smiley

One more question . . .
Is there a way to change the color on the "Search" button which is below the embedded search bar? Right now, the button is white and joins into the white search bar. I think that's a bit confusing and would love to be able to change the color.

Thanks!
Sarah
rap
August 20, 2017 08:35PM
Again, you can do this from CSS. The CSS file provided does not have entries for altering the look of the search button, but you can add it.

Here is a sample of css for such a thing. You will need to alter it for your purposes. The first part is for the text, second for when you hover, third for the button background.
input[type=text] {
padding:5px;
border:2px solid #ccc;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
}
input[type=text]:focus {
border-color:#333;
}
input[type=submit] {
padding:5px 15px;
background:#ccc;
border:0 none;
cursor:pointer;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login