Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Index site on IIS with 'windows integrated authentication'

Posted by supremesyntax 
Index site on IIS with 'windows integrated authentication'
October 04, 2017 02:08PM
I want to index some content on a local intranet instance running on an M$ IIS with 'windows integrated authentication' enabled.

I have downloaded and configured Sphider to try if this would fit our needs. Installing (db/tables/admin) went fine. Sphider is running on the same host as the site that is going to be indexed.

Now when i try to index the base site i get a 401 in the iis logs.

For all my GETs to the Sphider HTML Gui itself i see my Domain/Name but the indexing process that is called has a dash as username in the iis logs. So somehow the indexing process gets started independend from my session.

Before fighting hours and hours through source code i am asking you if someone has encountered this problem?

How is the indexing process called? How can i run the indexing as a dedicated user?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2017 11:49AM by supremesyntax.
rap
Re: Index site on IIS with 'windows integrated authentication'
October 06, 2017 02:45AM
MS IIS with integrated authentication is famous for 401's. Authentication is a two step process and IIS tends to recycle before the second step is complete. Run sphider from a command prompt. That MIGHT work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 03:39PM by rap.
Re: Index site on IIS with 'windows integrated authentication'
October 09, 2017 02:24PM
Doesn't work. Seems like the credentials are not passed to the functions crawling the pages...

The problem seems well-known but i did not find a solution yet.

e.g. https://blog.mayflower.de/125-Accessing-NTLM-secured-resources-with-PHP.html
But the package above is not available anymore
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login