Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Page contains less than 10 words

Posted by netul 
Page contains less than 10 words
March 20, 2007 08:08PM
I just install Spider. When I try to sphider http://director.netul.ro , the error is: Page contains less than 10 words. Why?
Re: Page contains less than 10 words
March 22, 2007 06:11PM
Look in your admin in the "Settings" tab. You'll see a setting called "Required number of words in a page in order to be indexed". This means that for the page to be indexed it has to have this many words (default is 10) or more words.
March 22, 2007 06:28PM
Page have more than 10 words, look at yhe page http://director.netul.ro
It not works to sphider, even I change the settings for "Required number of words in a page in order to be indexed", if i change to "1", te error is: "Page contains less than 1 words"....
March 22, 2007 07:06PM
Sphider will look at the source of the page and strip out all of the HTML tags. The page in question does not have a lot of words in the source of the page. You are using JavaScript to populate the page with words. Sphider will not process the javascript when is indexing. So it only sees whats in the source

Make sense?
March 22, 2007 07:45PM
I NOT use Java Script to populate the page.
In view source, page have many words....

Any solution to sphider the director?
March 22, 2007 08:21PM
Ahh... I see it now. All of you words are in one very long line. Sorry, I missed that. I'll have to defer to the developers.
March 23, 2007 10:43PM
The html is not so clean, example:

<div class="lefttitlebar ">Linkuri sponsorizate:</td></tr></table><div class="dot"

A div can not start in a td and end outside the table. A div must be inside a td, or a table can be in a div, but not half.
This may disturb the way sphider sees your page.
wimb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login