Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

just a problem

Posted by qamar 
just a problem
May 13, 2007 07:47PM
first, i would like to thank you for this great efforts to do this search engine withit's nice work in indexing.

but i have a problem.
i already installed the program, but when i try to index some websites i found this message

"Establishing connection with socket failed. "

but i don't know where is the problem.

thanks again.

and i hope it will have more features and will be the first search engine made by php language.
Re: just a problem
May 13, 2007 07:49PM
i would like to inform that i host it in a linux server.

sorry for my bad english
May 15, 2007 07:35AM
Dear qamar,

Establishing connection with socket failed means the spider could not conntect to the website you were about to index. Please point us at the website so we can see if it is a sphider problem or a problem of the website you were about to index.

In some cases you could tell sphider to index http://www.domain.com/index.htm (add the start-up index file)

This may happen in a very few cases when the index is in a nonstandard extension,
another thing could be robots.txt with the specified domain!

May 15, 2007 05:52PM
thanks Andriko for the answer.

this url was a one of my sites which i was trying to index it.
but the connection failed.

i wonder, if the server on the safe mode will do this.

i get so confused of that. i realy try a lot of sites, but i didn't get the begining of the way to index just a site.

thanks Andriko again, & i'm so shy of my english, but i'm sure you will understand me.
May 17, 2007 02:32PM
I'm having the same problem... i can't index any adrress in the engine, and nothing seems to work... can anyone please help?
May 22, 2007 07:42AM

be a bit more specific..... just naming a problem without defining it in detail is no help at all and helping you out is deffinately not possible this way.

Some people around here are trustable: Means in a private mail you may tell those the FTP access details for your server so some debugging in the actual environment that has caused the problem is possible: Some ... (just to name someone is Ando, the actual founder of the project!) Well I don't know if he actually has the time to do so... but you might give it a try!
Also I am available for if you wish so!

In general: For all those seeking help! MORE DETAIL on what situation has caused the problem, the debug information : i.e. The exact Query which was executed, the code snippet (line, function which has caused the fault. What where you doing before this error happened aso!)

The more detail you provide the easier you will be helped!

All the best

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login