Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sphider disables another script

Posted by lgrenon 
Sphider disables another script
August 28, 2011 12:19AM
I have a page that contains a form that enables or disables some text fields depending on which radio button is selected. This process is controlled with a small javascript. When uploaded to the server, this script does not work. Through trial and error I discovered that the script works if I delete the sphider-1.3.5 form. I'm not sure if the problem is caused because I have two forms on the same page; the sphider form and the other form for information input. Have built the pages in both html and php and the problem exists in both.
Re: Sphider disables another script
August 28, 2011 01:13AM
Link?

Follow the standards, not IE.
- I have decided that I would no longer be developing for "any" of the browsers. I would rather follow the standa
August 28, 2011 09:07PM
http://arizore.com/cbpres/wedding_form.html
Tec
August 29, 2011 05:37PM
In order to present suggestions, Sphider uses the JavaScript framework "Prototype". This script is known to be not very cooperative. In other words, Prototype may interfere with your existing JavaScript.

Deselect "Enable Sphider Suggest" in the Admin backend of Sphider and, if this does not solve your issue, additionally delete not the complete Sphider, but only the script
…/include/SuggestFramework.js
Doing so, of course you will loose the suggest option of Sphider, but not the complete search engine.

Tec
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login