Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My updated sphider 1.3.7 beta

Posted by yappadoo 
My updated sphider 1.3.7 beta
January 16, 2014 09:43PM
After using sphider awhile on a production machine, i decide to rewiev the code rigorous.
What i found was highly "optimizable".

What i found was a big (non)escaping massacre. The code uses addslashes() and similarly as substitute for mysql_real_escape_string(), htmlentities() and urlencode().
Response-Variable-Parsing was only rudimentary implemented. You can find cruel things like extract(getHttpVars()).

BUT: Sphider is a nice thing. Its small and easy to use (as i do today). So i improved Sphider:
- First i escaped all relevant sql-query variables.
- Then i escaped all relevant html outputs.
- Believe me: This was hell. Look into the code, see the coding style and you know what i mean! An the changes were on many hundreds locations.
- After that i "beautified" the code a little more (replaced "<?" and "<?="-Open-Tags a.s.o.).
- Then i made the name of the "search.php"-Page configurable.

(You can find all my changes on the Changelog inside the file)

Finally:
The updated Sphider has the potential to be more secure and more sustainable then the 1.3.6.
Now it's on you to test it.

[url=http://www.yappadoo.org/sphider-1.3.7.b2.zip]Download and check sphider-1.3.7.b2[/url]

Comments on this version very welcome!

P.S. I strongly recommend to use a .htaccess to passwordsecure the "Admin" Script (on all versions of sphider)!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 08:10PM by yappadoo.
Re: My updated sphider 1.3.7 beta
January 17, 2014 11:25AM
hi my friend

good work

- iwont this script to supported for arabic site indexing
- add url page for visitor.
- ad mangment system .
- new template for future ajax & new desing
January 17, 2014 12:13PM
hello aksfl,

I don't want add new features to Sphider. My intention was just security enhancement.

Greetings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 12:14PM by yappadoo.
March 09, 2014 03:18PM
Thanks, it looks good.
A few years ago I tried to do the same, but I stopped because it was too much work.
I like the small and simple from Sphider. I've tried also Sphider Plus, works good, but has too much stuff that I don't need.

If you want see my running version, you must be quick, because I go to remove it:
http://www.wimb.net/test/ForumArchief/zoeken/search.php?query=&x=3&y=11&search=1
It indexed about 6000 pages in an about 200Mb database

Wimb
August 07, 2014 04:26PM
Hi yappadoo,
during installation of your 1.3.7 beta version following error message appears:
Deprecated: mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/.sites/xxx/site9999999/web/sphider/settings/database.php on line 8
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14), elapsed float(2), results int, key query_key(query))' at line 3
Creating tables failed. Consult the above error messages.

Do you have a "1.3.somthing mysqli-version" also?

Thx, manu
t-p
October 23, 2015 05:21PM
It works great.
Thank you for sharing!

couple of things if you can help with:

1. suggest framework does not work

2. I see same error in the error log as mentioned by @manu above.

Again, thanks for sharing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login