Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sponsored Links How-To Example

Posted by inmotion 
Re: Sponsored Links How-To Example
December 18, 2007 05:58PM
I've been getting a few questions asking about a "good configuration" from a few Sphider users over the past few days. The following configuration, based on experience, has proven to be ideal:

***Ad Network Configuration***
This configuration is, in my opinion, the best way to configure the ad server to work with Sphider as it allows you to monetize search results as well as allowing others to show ads on their sites for extra income.

Two channels will need to be created, Ads for Search and Ads for Content.

When creating the Ads for Search, prefix the name with an underscore like this: _Ads for Search. This will keep the channel hidden from publishers yet still allow advertisers to select it. This is the channel you would use for your Sphider integration (see way at the top for the code).

The second channel, Ads for Content, should be configured with no extra limits - as is.

The work flow simplified. By configuring the channels above, an advertiser can select to be seen on your search results AND/OR on your content network. When a publisher creates the ad code for their site, it defaults to the Ads for Content channel. Remember, the ad server has its own indexer and will deliver ads based on page content.

***The End Result***
By configuring the ad server this way, you have effectively created your own Advertising Network just like (do I dare say it? nah) the big search engines.
December 20, 2007 11:19PM
I am tring to install the add server and I have some questions.
What is an add channel?
Publisher ID?
Adserver location?

In other words can you explain
3. Set the paramerters in "How to use".
December 21, 2007 01:03AM
What is an add channel?
You setup content channels in the ad server once it is installed. You must have at least one channel in the ad server. Depending on how you want to structure your setup, you can have just one channel, or as many as you see fitting your business model.

Publisher ID?
This is the publisher account number which ads are to be tracked from. Every ad server comes with a house publisher account, 1002.

Adserver location?
The location of the ad server. If you are looking at the code I have provided, this is the URL path to the XML feed.

-Bing
January 20, 2008 03:50AM
Hey, great work!, i have a question, it`s possible to use this code with OpenAds Server? i`m actually using this one, because i had problems with Inclick. Help please, and thanks for this.
January 21, 2008 02:47PM
Openads can't do the sponsored links since it doesn't do the same thing inClick does - Keyword matching, bid-for-placement PPC, text support via XML.

What problems did you have with inClick? If you were having issues with getting things started, you can ask us for assistance.

-Bing
-------
Turn your Sphider into an Ads for Search and Ads for Content Advertising Network Free!
http://www.inclick.net

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 12:02AM by inmotion.
August 14, 2011 12:15AM
is the smileys ; ) with out the space or is it just ) ?
August 14, 2011 01:07AM
i am getting this message when i go to install inclick

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4
August 15, 2011 02:59PM
Chukillz,

You will need to download and install the ad server designed for Zend Guard, not Zend Optimizer. You can download this from our website.

-Bing
August 16, 2011 03:55AM
hey i have been working on JUST this mod all day long and now i am getting errors...probably because this code is so old...would you please update the code for us to make it work with the current version or would someone please update it...i have spent a full day of setting everything up and editing it and all this stuff...please help!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login