Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where were the links?

Posted by griff 
Where were the links?
June 03, 2008 10:48AM
Hi
I'm currently getting to grips with Sphider. Built a nice template and added functionality that plugs straight into my existing site. This is a great script!

My site is fully mod rewritten and Sphider is invaluable in debugging and finding broken links (caused by bad rewrites).

I've now gone as far as I can with the debug, but there's still a fair few links being indexed I'm not able to find to fix.

Is there a way I can find out what page the bad links were indexed from. A plugin that shows this on the indexing page, or a trick I can pull in phpmyadmin?
Anything really, I'm getting abit desperate.

On a slightly different (yet slightly related note): I've noticed that Sphider follows 301 redirects. this is good, but not for me. Is there a way I can turn this off, so that should a 301 header be found, it dies and drops the page from the index? It'd be great if I could do that on a per URL basis!

or am I asking too much?

Cheers
Re: Where were the links?
June 04, 2008 05:27PM
So I take it no-one knows huh? Ah well, it'd be a good mod if broken links were logged along with the url they were found on. For future developers.
not me.
Anyhoo, found the broken links by accident, so not to worry.
Tec
Re: Where were the links?
June 04, 2008 10:11PM
Since version 1.0 Sphider-plus contains a mod called:
"Perform a link-check instead of re-index"
- Selectable in Admin settings, a fast running link-check can be performed.
- Unreachable links are automatically deleted from Sphiders database.

Additionally, as one of its 7 search modes, Sphider-plus offers the capability to search for links together with their relationship to the main URL.

So you don't need to wait for a new mod.

Tec

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 10:34PM by Tec.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login