Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Atom Theme (Results in Atom Syndication Format) - For OpenSearch etc...

Posted by ameer1234567890 
Atom Theme (Results in Atom Syndication Format) - For OpenSearch etc...
September 29, 2010 04:42AM
Over the days, I have made an Atom theme which returns results in the popular atom syndication format used in web feeds. I did the theme for use on my website. However, I am sharing it here for everyone in need. The basic idea came off from [url=http://www.sphider.eu/forum/read.php?3,6210]this[/url] thread. Also [url=http://www.sphider.eu/forum/read.php?3,2038]this[/url] very old thread got me started. Feel free to modify / suggest enhancements.

PS: I am also planning to make an XML feed which should be easier to do than the atom format. Keep your eyes out!

[url=http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=35560103582953189628]Download[/url]

Follow the standards, not IE.
- I have decided that I would no longer be developing for "any" of the browsers. I would rather follow the standa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 11:34AM by ameer1234567890.
Re: Atom Theme (Results in Atom Syndication Format) - For OpenSearch etc...
October 11, 2010 03:53PM
XML would be great!
Don't hesitate!
August 12, 2011 01:28AM
it dont even work....i get this message...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/realms/public_html/settings/database.php:20) in /home/realms/public_html/templates/atom/header.html on line 2

i looked in the header.html file and it is this code...

<?php
header('Content-Type: application/atom+xml');
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>';
?>

what am i supposed to do?
August 12, 2011 06:44AM
Go to /settings/database.php There is a line break at the end of database.php Remove it and it should work.

- I have decided that I would no longer be developing for "any" of the browsers. I would rather follow the standa
August 12, 2011 10:23PM
nope still didnt work i got this message when i got to the search page

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- category selection -->

</feed>
August 13, 2011 11:36AM
Try re-installing the theme. Also, could you PM me the site address?

August 13, 2011 10:45PM
i can give you the site address but you wont be able to see the atom template due to the fact that i will be setting the theme as standard for now until i get to see part of this one lol but i trued reuploading i have tried everything you told me...nothing is working
August 14, 2011 11:03AM
I am ready to help if you provide me ftp access to your site.

August 14, 2011 09:51PM
I have updated the first post with an updated version. Try it and you should be good to go.

August 15, 2011 12:42AM
not working still...keep trying please!!
August 15, 2011 11:37AM
First post updated with a new link.

August 15, 2011 08:41PM
dont bother with this....he says it isnt a normal theme (i get that part) but he tells me (after days of going back and forth with the dude trying to get it working) to forget about this because it does not meet my requirements

1) You dont even know my requirements nor have you ever asked.

2) No matter how many times i have asked you still have not answered my question about what it SHOULD look like

3) It STILL after multiple tries DOES NOT WORK

im sorry but you dont go and tell me (after i spend time talking to you and trying to get this thing to work) that it will not meet my needs with out even knowing my needs...

He can not get it to work appearently which is why he said that to me!!!

Sorry everyone if you think i am breaking any type of forum rules here but i think people should know what is going on with this!!
August 16, 2011 09:41AM
Chukillz,
As far as I know, you are looking for a visual theme. I tell you, this doesn't look like anything. It's not a visual/graphical theme. Atom is a data exchange format mostly used for web feeds, just like RSS. Now, if you do not know what is RSS or Atom, I can't help. I tried to help you.
And FYI, it WORKS PERFECTLY in my server as well as a friend's, as far as I know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login