"file checking forbidden by required/disallowed string rule"
December 01, 2010 10:40AM
Sorry, I meant to post in the support area, but I mistakenly clicked the mods area.

Hello everyone -

I just finished installing Sphider for the first time, and I can't get it to index any pages.
On indexing, a message returns with "file checking forbidden by required/disallowed string rule."

The meta tags on all pages of the site instruct to index and follow, and there are no
disalllow instructions in the robots.txt file. Can you tell me where else I can look to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Kenny

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 11:59AM by Kenny.
Re: "file checking forbidden by required/disallowed string rule"
December 01, 2010 01:42PM
My first impression is that you have applied what is explained here about Must include / must not include string list: http://www.sphider.eu/docs.php#mustinc
Re: "file checking forbidden by required/disallowed string rule"
December 01, 2010 08:08PM
Willy:

Thanks for your reply. I read the page you indicated and I see no reason why Sphider should not index all pages of the site with the current gonfiguration.

There is no reason why a search engine should be unnecessarily convoluted as Sphider. When the proper urls are entered in the proper place, that should be the end of it. it should simply index them without going around in circles.

Before I pass on Sphider, can you please direct me to screenshots of a sample configuration? I would like to try to get it to work.

Thanks again,

Kenny

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 08:22PM by Kenny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login